Part of this year’s festival programme is STRP Scenario #21: Decentralised Collaborative Future. During this Scenario, STRP and co-creator Foundation We Are examine the shift from Web2 to Web3, from open sharing to blockchain-based forms of (digital) ownership. In the run-up to STRP Festival 2023, two (free) online Meet-up's will be organised in which you are invited, accompanied by experts, to examine the potential of NFTs, DAOs, and other Web3 principles hands-on. A community will be set up via Discord, in order to start a collective exploration within this field. Read more about the two meetings below and join te community!
Online Meet-up 1 Scenario #21
Experimenting with Web3 - Creators & Creative Professionals — STRP & Foundation We Are
STRP Scenario #21 Meet-up 1: Experimenting with Web3 - Creators & Creative Professionals
Speakers: Penny Rafferty, Will Rowe, Ruben Pater.
What could Web3 mean for the individual maker and the creative practice? 'STRP Scenario #21 Meet-up 1' examines what Web3 means for the individual maker. Together with an expert we discuss the possibilities of Web3 and we will experiment with making an NFT.
Central questions: What is needed to make NFTs and what is the benefit? How can creatives or tech professionals use Web3 to strengthen their practice? How can being part of an online community benefit the individual creator?
Free to attend
Time: 20:00 – 21:00 CET (make sure to be present and ready 10 mins beforehand)
Location: online - STRP Discord
Click here for Discord instructions.
- Please make sure you are in a somewhat quiet space so your mic doesn't pick up other sounds.
- Having your webcam on eye level is most flattering when you're on someone else's screen.
- Above you'll find a discord event explanation if you're not familiar with (events on) discord.
If you have family/friends/colleagues that would be interested in joining the discord community or event: forward them the link so they can join!
1. Welcome (Nadine) (2 min)
2. Explaining the Learning Community (Bernhard) (3 min)
3. Collective discussion with Penny, Will and Ruben (why it is important for the individual creator)
3.1 What will decentralisation mean in Web3? (10 min)
3.2 Is art creation changing in Web3? (10 min)
3.3 How will ownership change in Web3? (10 min)
3.4 What might a creative economy be in Web3? (10 min)
4. Introduction Experiments (5-15 minutes)
We want to start discovering the possibilities and experiment with Web3.
Options depending on participants
For Starters: Create your Wallet and NFT on OpenSea.
For Non-Starters: Define your own experiment (in pairs).
The Experiments will be discussed in the Discord and reflected upon in the next session.
5. Start of the learning community on discord and roundup with critical reflection to cover/discover in next meet-up or the scenario? (flexible in time)
We look forward to seeing you in the community!